275cc text round HP under muscle, 2 month post op. Have I bottomed out? (photos)

My left breast feels heavy, painful and occasionally having bubbles. My surgeon had me use compression band second month for asymmetry. I now actually think that it is the left breast that bottomed out and not the right one that didn't drop. Left looks deformed on the bottom, and doesn't have any upper fullness. Am I right? What should I do? I feel really sad

Have you changed much from right after surgery?

If not, you have not bottomed out.  If you feel the distance between your nipple and fold (not scar) is lengthening, then you probably are and you can measure this yourself and follow it.  Textured implants technically are not supposed to move much but round ones can be manipulated to some degree and if it does not adhere as designed, then its like having a smooth round implant which can be impacted by gravity and settling.  Without knowing where you started from (pre-op photos), its challenging to be objective with your results.  Best to go back to your surgeon and discuss your concerns and see what options are available for you to help you achieve the look you desire.

275cc text round HP under muscle, 2 month post op. Have I bottomed out?

I am not seeing bottoming out in the photographs presented.   Preoperative photographs are also useful for comparisons.

2 Months Post-Op, Question of Implants Having Settled

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

There is always the chance that swelling can continue for several months as healing progresses, and that things may take a little longer than normal for some patients. If you find that you are concerned or worried at all it would be best to visit your surgeon for a follow-up appointment to have your implants examined in order to make sure that the healing process is moving along at a stable pace. Good luck.

Bottoming out

Thank you for the photos but an examination Ang preop photos are really needed.  That said see your surgeon and express your concerns

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Have I bottomed out after breast augmentation?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  I have reviewed your photographs here and another post, and I do not see clear evidence of "bottoming out".  On some views, I do see mild asymmetry along the lower breast poles; whether this is related to a breast implant displacement problem or pre-existing breast asymmetry is difficult to ascertain.

Keep in mind that nothing will replace in-person evaluation by your plastic surgeon when it comes to accurate assessment  and/or advice. Best wishes.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I think that in your case your implants have bottomed out. I suggest you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a check up. You will need a revision..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Is my left breast bottoming out?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I understand your concern -
  • In some views, it does seem that your implant is bottoming out.
  • However it may be that you are asymmetric and this is natural asymmetry.
  • I suggest you see your surgeon, compare your before/after photos and discuss what steps to take.
  • Bottoming out does need surgical correction but it it isn't clear, you may need to wait a few months.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS