Zingers and sensitivity is back at 4 months post BA?

I had my BA mid May this year.cohesive gel over the muscle 440cc, inframammary incisiom. Recovery has been good. No issues. I recently started feeling the zingers in my left breast and increased sensitivity in my nipple area on both breasts. I went from an 38a to 36DD. I feel like my skin is tight again. Is what I am experiencing normal ? I have increased massage and have reached out to my surgeon but no call back.

4 Months Post Op Concerns

You should definitely reach and speak with your Plastic Surgeon. It would be difficult to advise you without seeing you in person and knowing the details of your case. I recommend that you contact them again and ask to be seen.
All the best

Sensitivity 4 months postop

Thank you for your question.  Without a proper assessment it is hard to know whether your zingers represent normal healing or an abnormality.  You may need to be persistent in requesting your surgeon see you in followup.

William Andrade, MD

Capsular contracture

It sounds like early capsular contracture.There are multiple factors that contribute to the development of capsular contracture.  These include bleeding, bacteria on the surface of the implants, powder from gloves, fibers from the gauze or drapes, patient factors.  We control all the variables that can be controlled.  We use the no touch technique to handle the implants.  We employ implant massage after surgery.  We use prostaglandin inhibitors if necessary.  There is evidence that hyperbaric oxygen can be helpful.  Silicone that bleeds causes capsular contrature that increases over time:  this is one of the reasons I prefer saline implants.  

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon