Voluma technique?

I want my anteromedial cheek aka apple of the cheek to be full and youthful but I notice that when I add filler to that area, my submalar area directly below that aka hollow also increases in volume, giving my face a bottom heavy look that I do not like. I understand there is the infraorbital neurovascular bundle above the anteromedial cheek point of injection so would asking the physician to place the filler slightly higher be problematic?

Voluma Techniques

Thank you for your question. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist for best treatment plan. Infraorbital Neurovascular bundle is not an area of injection. There's an area in the anteromedial cheek that's safe to inject and an experienced injector should know that. I hope this helps!

Voluma as filler: how is it best used?

Voluma is an 'H.A.' class filler that is FDA approved for mid-face augmentation. (below lower eyelids, near cheekbone). Since it is denser than some H.A. fillers, it lasts longer & can better support soft tissue. Many people, especially those with a heritage from northern Europe, have relatively deficient mid-face structures. Even with good soft tissue in the cheeks, with aging comes descent & loss of volume. So the injectable fillers can really make a nice improvement in facial support. We have used other fillers as well such as Restylane, Sculptra, & Radiesse and each has its pros & cons. It is important to not OVER-fill with any of these and the lower eyelids region deserves utmost care & precision. An experienced physician injector can discuss your best filler options prior to this rewarding & artistic treatment.  

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Santa Monica Voluma expert

You are detailed and would require someone with advanced skills to execute the injection in your case. Our office specializes in many different types of volume fillers, including Voluma and Radiesse to this area. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Santa Monica - Montana Avenue

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Voluma technique

You're asking a very specific question about  the risks and benefits of various rejuvenation options.  I commend you for asking such a knowledgeable question.  I would strongly suggest that you consult with a highly experienced injector who understands both your aesthetic goals as well as the anatomy of the midface and the risks of each of your treatment options.  You can then make an informed decision as to how you would like to proceed.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma and Technique

Voluma is a fabulous injection for the mid-face and increases the facial volume in the area with an immediate natural appearance that lasts up to two years.  For specific questions abut your anatomy and facial injections an in office consultation by a board certified physician specializing in facial injections would be necessary to ensure the best cosmetic results.

Voluma technique

Hi,
Great specific question!  Voluma is technique dependent but if you are concerned over the infraorbital nerve bundle, you can ask an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon if they can place it using blunt  micro cannulas to avoid trauma and bruising.

Warmly,
Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma Technique

Thanks for your question and having photos to look at would help us give you a better, more detailed answer. I always recommend that you have your injections given in the offices of board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeons as they understand more about the anatomy in these areas than anyone else and will be able to determine the proper sites for injections for you and your concerns.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Natural facial volume augmentation with Voluma

Voluma (Juvederm Voluma XC) is a great hyaluronic acid based filler that can augment and rejuvenate the facial appearance. A voluma natural result not only depends on the location where the injection is placed (…anterio-lateral, etc.), but also on the skills and experience of the injector. Voluma acts as a “liquid implant”, therefore, injectors with great knowledge of the facial anatomy like plastic surgeons or craniofacial surgeons should be able to deliver a great natural looking results. Patients interested in facial augmentation with voluma should discuss this treatment option with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in cosmetic surgery of the face.

John Mesa, MD

Juvederm Voluma XC

Thank you for your question. Pictures would be helpful.

Sometimes the filler can be "walked" into this area without being injected directly.

To be sure what might help you, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma technique?

Thank you for your question. Ensure you are working with an experienced injector. The product should only enhanced the area injected.

Martin Jugenburg, MD