Severe wrinkle on eyelid. What can I do? (photo)

In the past month this has happened to my eyelid. I am in ny mid 30s and have no wrinkles anywhere else. This looks awful-i look deformed. 

Please do not fret.

This can be fixed with upper eyelid surgery.  You actually have a few issues and this redundant fold is part of a set of upper eyelid issues.  Basically the upper eyelid platform skin has lost its firm attachment to the levator aponeurosis, the tendon in the eyelid that raises the upper eyelid.  Structured microblepharoplasty cleans up the upper eyelid crease, support the loose skin on the eyelid platform and supports the droopy upper eyelid lashes.  Any ptosis of the upper eyelid can be addressed at the same time.

Upper eyelid skin

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. This can be easily addressed with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty, which will remove excess skin from the upper lids. If you are not ready to consider surgery, I have had excellent success in my practice using a total resurfacing laser to the eyelids, which tightens and improves skin texture without surgery. Although surgical results are the gold standard for this type of hooding, laser results can provide significant improvement. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified specialist who will be able to evaluate you in person and offer more specific suggestions to address the eyelid hooding.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Eyelid

Dear missmamaA,
As the fat fades from around the orbit, it is a little bit like taking the wind out of a sail and wrinkles appear. Probably the easiest response to this is to do upper eyelid surgery, which would probably need to be done on both sides to produce symmetry. However, this should be able to set the eyelid height between 7 mm to 9 mm above the lash junction and remove the wrinkle.
Warm regards,
Warwick Nettle

Sudden onset of eyelid skin excess

It is unusual to see a sudden development of a skin crease, and your treatment will depend on a careful discussion and examination to rule out other problems.  If it is just skin excess, removal would be quite simple.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Eyelid wrinkle

You have a little bit of excess skin, and have  2 creases in this area.  You would need an upper eyelid surgery to remove the redundant skin and reform the crease.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Extra skin causing wrinkles on upper eyelids

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. It appears that you have extra skin causing the wrinkles. You would likely benefit from upper blepharoplasty. See an expert in this area for consultation.
Good luck,