Why use lasers instead of cautery for small facial broken capillaries?

I know cautery is an outdated way to treat small facial broken capillaries and now lasers are recommended . This makes no sense--cautery is cheaper, less painful, and most of all does not leave any nasty bruises, like laser treatment does. The bruising from both vbeam and pulse-dyed laser treatment is so terrible, I cannot understand why cautery is not offered. Laser seems much more traumatic to the skin, and requires more sessions, whereas cautery has always worked for me after one session.

Cautery for tiny veins.

Cautery can work for very small veins and the results are very good.  Several treatments may be necessary. The size of the vein being treated is the determining factor since larger veins do no respond well to cauterization.

Naples General Surgeon

VeinGogh for Facial Veins

I agree with you! Laser also has risk of hyper- and hypopigmentation of the skin after treatment

VeinGogh treatment had immediate results with no bruising. Excellent results with this device.

Christopher Pittman, MD
Tampa Phlebologist