How Much Time Does It Take in Surgery to Perform a Facelift, Neck Lipo and Neck Lift?

Time to do a neck/face lift with liposuction of the neck?

In some hands this surgery takes six hours and in some hands it takes two. The question is not how long should it take, it is how great will the result be? Any board certified plastic surgeon, worth his salt, will do the job. It would probably take me two and a half hours to do your surgery. But this time frame is not set in stone. Face lifts are an art and a science and liposuction along with a neck lift are often part and parcel in this procedure. I also now routinely transfer fat to the mid face along with this procedure. central fullness is key to a youthful result as is safety. After all youthfulness is just that; youth-full-ness. Its not youth-tightness. 

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Time for Facelift surgery

This depends on the surgeon and the techniques they will be using to do the facelift, necklift and submental liposuction  AND it depends on the patient-- their age, sun damage, laxity of skin, amount of excess fat, genetic factors (type of skin, facial structure, elasticity, etc.)   This procedure takes  me 2-3 hours. Most will do it in 1.5 -4 hours

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Time for surgery

There is no set time for surgery.  Plastic surgery is an art and every surgeon has their own way of doing a surgery.  You don't go to a fast food restaurant if you are seeking a gourmet meal.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Required OR time for a facelift, necklift, and neck liposuction

Operating times will vary among surgeons. I agree that it is not a race and you cannot judge a surgeon by how fast he or she is.  However, I strongly feel that the best surgeons  with great technical skills and "great hands" are "efficient" - this means that they have very precise movements without wasted movements. This allows them to work quickly when a part of the operation allows for it, and work slowly during critical parts of the operation.  I think that 3-4 hours for a full facelift, necklift, and neck liposuction is a good general guide.  Studies show that anesthesia risks seem to increase after the sixth hour so most plastic surgeons would agree that keeping elective surgeries less than 6 hours is prudent.

As much time as you need.

Neck rejuvenation or neck lift surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures. For those who have excess fat under the chin but still have good muscle tone and skin, liposuction of the neck will be sufficient. If the skin has lost elasticity, removal of excess skin (Neck Lift Surgery) to tighten and tone the neck will also be required.

Tightening of the platysma muscle (also known as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscles on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches. The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck and are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result. This should take around an hour.

With Concept™ Facelift we have combined different surgical techniques and latest innovations to perform the latest local anaesthetic facelift by minimising the scar, and reducing the bruising and downtime. The consequence is the achievement of a fresh, natural looking you with long lasting results.

The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime. The surgery takes around 3-4 hours.

Duration for Facelift / Neck Lift surgery

The duration of surgery will vary depending on the experience of the surgeon and exactly what procedures are performed.  On average, this will range (for my practice) between 3-4 hours.  

Please consult with board certified plastic surgeons and ask to see before and after photos as well as possibly talk to previous patients to discuss their experience and results.

Best Wishes!

How much time does it take for a facelift with neck lift?

A full facelift with neck lift and liposuction takes between 3-5 hours. I recommend fat injections to the face at the time of a face lift as well. Aging of the face is marked by sagging and loss of volume. The facelift and neck lift repairs the sagging, but the fat injections are essential for recuperating the loss of volume. From El Paso, Texas.

Time in the OR? Is it important?

This is a great question. Experience plays a great part in this answer. A very young and unsure surgeon may do this procedure in a very short time, because they were somewhat afraid to do complete maneuvers required to move tissue. There  might also be a problem in a surgeon taking too long. This operation in very capable hands is 3-4 hours. Over 6 and I think there are issues with surgeon capability. Under three and I feel not enough attention to detail is being observed. Good Luck

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Time to do Facelift, Neck Lift and Liposuction

Of all the things to consider before having the above procedures, time should be your last consideration. The procedure done determines, to some extent, the time it takes. This also determines the result that you get. The experience of the surgeon also goes into determining the time. However, many very experienced surgeons take longer than some much less experienced ones, since they do many little things that take time in order to get a better result. Look at, instead of time, experience and whether the surgeon can accomplish what you desire. After that, time is immaterial.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

It takes 3-5 hours for a mini-facelift, neck lipo and neck lift but can be done under local now.

Don't get suckered into those 1 hr lift sessions for $5000 advertised on tv all the time.  You will regret the results and the scars.  Even a minilift, neck lipo and lift takes 3-5 hrs but can be done under local anesthesia now quite easily with less downtime. Discuss all your options with your surgeon and trust his/her judgement.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon