Why Are There Different Sizes of Areola's?

Some people have big areolas and some have small. Why is that? What are they for?

Different areola sizes

If God made everyone the same, it would be an awfully dull world and we plastic surgeons would have nothing to do.  Having said that, I really don't know why some people have larger areolae than others or what particular function the areolae perform.

Different areola sizes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Areola?

Areola do not have any specific function.  They come in all different  shapes and sizes ( just like any other body part). They tend to change in size and/or shape with change in breast skin elasticity ( seen with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss).

Similar to the appendix for the general surgeon,  the areola tend to be a frequently operated upon area for plastic surgeons.

Areola?