Blepharoplasty 2 weeks ago. I need revision - incision too low, raised big scars, bags. How soon can I get revision? (Photos)

How soon can I get a revision? - I feel so awful about these results. Will someone be willing to revise another surgeon's work? Is it best to look for someone who does eyelid surgery as a primary specialty?

70% of my surgical practice is revising the work of other surgeons.

However, you are only 2 weeks out from this surgery.  I strongly recommend that you try to let the eyelids heal before committing yourself to more surgery.  If you are having eye irritation and discomfort, this can be managed medically with drops and ointment.  You have very big eyes and remarkably the surgery has not pulled the eyelid away from the eye surface.  Typically it is best to let the eyelids heal 6 to 12 months before having a revision.  Many issues that are troubling at first can get better and resolve so try to be patient.  If you have a break down with your surgeon, consider getting a second opinion.

Your lower eyelids are still swollen.  I would not recommend any surgery until this has completely resolved.  You may want to start gentle upward massage to avoid scleral show that is already happening.  Maybe in 3-4 months time you can be assessed for a revision.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Lower lids

Catalinabell, you need to wait a minimum of 6 months. Should you get a revision see an experienced facial specialist; one that limits their surgical practice to "only faces". Find someone familiar with the "SOOF lift blepharoplasty". See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty 2 weeks ago. I need revision - incision too low, raised big scars, bags. How soon can I get revision?

Hello Catalinabell,At 2 weeks you will still have a substantial amount of swelling present which affects the appearance of the final result.  At this point no revision is recommended.  I would recommend you continue to follow up with your surgeon to allow the area to continue to heal.  The lower incision was likely done because of the size and shape of your eye to minimize the risk of the eyelid pulling away.  If after 6 months there are still issues and you aren't happy with your surgeon, the consider getting a second opinion from a facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon. I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision after blepharoplasty

Two weeks after surgery is way too soon to be concerned about the incisions, swelling, bags, etc. It can take at least one month for most of the bruising and swelling to subside. It will take several months for the incisions to fade. Everyone heals at a different pace. I would not consider revision surgery for at least six months. If in three months you are still not happy, you can consider a second opinion. For now, be patient and be in close communication with your surgeon. If you consider revision surgeon in the future, I would go to an oculoplastic surgeon who has experience in blepharoplasty revisions. Good luck!

Katherine Zamecki, MD, FACS
Danbury Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty revision

You are only 2 weeks out. Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon. I would not recommend a revision until you are at least 6 months out from surgery.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Rejuvenation SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revise eyelid surgery

Firstly , I am sorry you are having healing issue after your lower eyelid surgery. You should allow at least 10-12 weeks of healing

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon