Scar healing from double eyelid surgery? (Photo)

I got double eyelid surgery (incesion method) and i was wondering if my scar from the surgery will fade over time. It's pretty red and the cut does not look smooth because the skin around the area is raised. Kinda bumpy(?) will time eventually make the scar go away making it look natural?

Scarring after Double Eyelid Surgery

The incisions after blepharoplasty or double eyelid surgery usually fade within the first 4-6 weeks but can take even longer.  Redness along the incision line is common following surgery and from your photo does not look concerning at this stage of your healing.  As the incision line undergoes collagen remodeling the incision should appear and feel more smooth with time.

Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pink bumpy incisions after double eyelid surgery

your incisions are very normal looking, particularly for Asian skin. My guess is that you are somewhere in the 2-4 week post op period and I tell all of my patients that it may get worse before it gets better. However, know that with good sun protection, it should heal down just fine. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid incision healing

The pink color of the incisions will fade with time.  It is common to have some areas of the scar raised and slightly uneven early on.  This should all resolve after 6 to 12 weeks.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump in the Road

Eyelid skin is extremely thin, so some bumps for a few months is completely normal.  The redness and bumpiness is usually completely gone in 3-4 mo, 6 mo at most.  When you have very fair skin the redness may be a little more noticeable in the beginning.  You look like you are headed for a great result.  Jane.