Tender cheeks and pressure in face 3 weeks after Voluma?

Dear Doctors! I had Voluma 1 syringe injected 3 weeks ago in my cheeks but they still very tender and I feel quite a pressure in my face! I'm not sick and it's not red or swollen it's just tender and does not feel comfortable at all! I saw my doctor at 2 weeks and she said it's fine, but I don't think she really listened to me! Is it possible it's still adjusting? I'm hoping not to dissolve it as it's hard to find doctors with this kind of experience in my part of the world! Thank you very much

Swelling after Voluma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is not normal to have swelling or pressure after Voluma injection. In addition, it does not sound like you have an infection as there is no redness or swelling. Injuring the infraorbital nerve with the needle may produce the symptoms you are experiencing. If this is the case, only time will improve the symptoms. You may have a subclinical infection, although as I said unlikely.  Make sure that your injector is experienced and has the appropriate qualifications (e.g. the American Board of Plastic Surgery). Good luck.

Plantation Plastic Surgeon

Tender cheeks and pressure in face 3 weeks after Voluma

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that you are having persistent Voluma issues.  After three weeks your filler results should be maturing and any initial pain or discomfort should have significantly improved or disappeared.  I would advocate returning to your injector to ensure that all is well with your product.  If symptoms persist without improvement you may want to dissolve the Voluma with hyaluronidase.  Hope this helps.

Tender Cheeks And Pressure In Face 3 Weeks After Voluma?

Thank you for your question.  Sorry to hear about your experience.  The symptoms that you describe are not normal.  Please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation and a full discussion of your concerns in order to determine the best course of action.  If you remain dissatisfied, then please be sure to seek a second opinion from an expert.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Get another check up with your injector. If you're swollen then try Arnica. Voluma can be dissolved with an enzyme, but it may require several injections.

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO 

Aldo Guerra, MD