I have an uneven bottom lip. The right side is significantly bigger than the left. Is this fixable with surgery? (Photo)

Uneven Bottom Lip

The asymmetry of your lower lip can be improved. The treatment depends on which side of the lower lip you like better. If you like the right side than the left side can be made fuller. If you like the left side than the right side can be reduced. Perhaps a combination would be the ticket. In any event, you need to schedule a consultation to discuss your wishes, learn about your options and come up with a plan. Hope you get the improvement you wish for!

Draper Plastic Surgeon

Fixable, Yes.

I would recommend trying fillers first to see how you like the adjustments to fix the appearance of your lower lip and go from there. Fillers are not permanent, but they do last about 6-8 months in most patients. Once you have decided you like that look is when I would say you should go for a more permanent solution such as fat grafting. 

If you are wanting to reduce the volume in your lower lip instead you can always do a lip reduction. This would remove the asymmetry you have and also take some of your volume from the lower lip.

When consulting with your physician of choice ensure they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I wish you the best of luck and I hope this answer has helped. 

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Lips

Thank you for your question, amy.mede. Your uneven lips are certainly fixable with surgery, as well as with fillers. I recommend you try fillers as they are temporary and will allow you to assess the level to which you agree with the outcome. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to ensure you receive the highest quality care, treatment, inowledge and skill aviaalble.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips

Thanks for your question and photo. Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane will help balance out the asymmetry in your lips. Be sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon or a certified nurse injector specialist.

Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

How can I correct uneven lip?

Thank you for your question and photo. I agree that the left lower lip could be enhanced with a filler such as Juvederm or Restalyne. This should create much better symmetry without an invasive procedure. If you like the appearance with the filler, but do not want to come in every year for a "touch up", fat grafting would be another choice.

Uneven Lips and Correction with Fillers

The lips are uneven but I would definitely try to avoid surgery. It appears that your lips could be corrected with lip fillers nicely.  Please consult an expert for this advanced technique.  Best, Dr. Green