After my rhinoplasty every time I move my ears crackle.

I got my rhinoplasty done ten days ago and I got the cast off yesterday. Everything went perfect except every time I move quickly my right ear starts making this crackling/popping sound. The right side of my face is also more swollen and bruised than the left. Should I be worried or is it normal?

Post op rhinoplasty

you most likely have an accumulation of fluid behind your eardrum. A good decongestant can help with this but consult your surgeon to be sure.

Ear Crackling

I am not quite sure what is causing this problem but when you describe asymmetrical swelling as you do I would make sure you have that looked at so that nothing gets missed. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

After my rhinoplasty every time I move my ears crackle

You likely have a small amount of fluid or blood in your middle ear. This is not uncommon and could have occurred during surgery. Have your surgeon evaluate your middle ear. This will resolve in the coming 2-3 weeks. Best.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovering from Rhinoplasty and ear popping

After rhinoplasty, it is a healing process. It takes time to go through each stage of healing.
In the first 6-8 weeks a lot of swelling goes down and it may go down at different rates. If more work was performed on one side, it may start out with more swelling. The last area to calm down is the tip of the nose.
Ear symptoms are very common. The specialty Ear, Nose, & Throat exists because of common conditions affecting these areas of the head & neck. Swelling from your rhinoplasty can affect the back wall of your nose, which affects the eustachian tube (pressure release valve of the ear). This can cause crackling, popping, and pressure sensation in the ear. As the swelling goes away, eustachian tube function should return to normal.
The most important thing to do is keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon, so she/he may track your progress and keep you on the path for a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon