Hifu facelifting & warfarin diet

Hi dear doctors ; What's your plan for people with warfarin diet& interested in using hifu ? Your quick reply would be appreciated

Facelift and warfarin

It is important to get clearance from the doctor who has prescribed Warfarin (Coumadin).  There are several reasons for the use of this drug.  Hifu is most commonly used to break up kidney stones.  Ultrasound used in plastic surgery uses far less power density.  Sounds suspicious to me. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Hifu and warfarin

Thank you for asking about your  hifu and warfarin.
  • Hifu is high intensity ultrasound
  • I assume you are on warfarin for blood clots or cardiac disease.
  • You need to be off the warfarin for Hifu.
  • Your cardiologist - or the doctor prescribing the warfarin - has to give you instructions on when to stop, when to start and if you cannot have the procedure because you cannot come off the warfarin.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS