Is it normal to feel a little thickening of the scars after breast augmentation?

I'm 16 days post op. My incisions look great! But I have noticed that they feel a little thick.

Healing Of Incisions After Breast Augmentation

Most incisions thicken to the touch in early healing. This is the extra collagen and will soften in 4-6 months for most patients.

Post breast aug

Yes, it is normal to feel a thickening along the incision site. This is a part of the normal healing process and the incision will flatten out with time. Hope this helps, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Scar thickening post aug

This is not unusual.After an incision is made there is a healing ridge right under the scar that can be thick so it is not unusual.It will go down over the ensuing months.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can have thickness below your incisions

As incisions heal they are thick at first and then relax as time passes.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!