Can prednisone cause permanent love handles? (Photo)

I tried fixing it with fasting from 8PM - 10AM, I do a high intensity training or a 5km run while fasted just before breakfast and kickboxing just before dinner for 5-6 days a week and a day or two of rest; I have 3-4 meals a day. I saw a drop in my overall weight and an increase in muscle but the love handles and muffin top stomach are still there even though I'm also taking "Hydroxycut Elite". Any way to make my "permanent" love handles "non-permanent" or is surgery really my only option?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Corticosteroids such as prednisone do have the side effect of weight gain, so it is great that you are being proactive with diet and exercise. The "love handles" are a stubborn area to treat with diet and exercise alone. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Excess skin can be removed surgically, or can be treated with non invasive procedures such as ThermiRF and Venus Legacy. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Can prednisone cause permanent love handles?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD