Liposuction/sculpting on calves; can this be done? (Photos)

Good day to you all. I have lost close to 90lbs on my own without surgery and i have been looking into liposuction on my calves. My calf circumference is 17 1/2 right and 18" left. Ankle circumference is 9.5. When I flex my leg muscle outward or extend, the excess skin & fat hang down. While standing, the muscle hold the excess up. I do not feel comfortable wearing skirts and dresses and I'm quite frankly embarrassed. Can what Ive named above be done? Also looking into an arm lift as well.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- To Legs

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Liposuction to the leg requires meticulous skill and experience, I suggest you consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction/sculpting on calves; can this be done?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Calf liposuction - is it possible?

Thank you for asking about your calf liposuction.
  • First of all - congratulations for losing 90 pounds on your own!  Well done.
  • Yes, calf liposuction can be done 
  • But you have excess skin as well as fat.
  • You need to see a plastic surgeon to find out if liposuction will help or just make loose skin worse.
  • You might need some liposuction and some skin tightening - not a common procedure but it can be done.
  • An armlift always removes both skin and fat - and this can be done at the same time as your calf procedure.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Calf Liposuction

Yes.  The swelling can take months to finally resolve, but the final result is good.  I recommend doing these procedures in the fall/winter because you'll be wearing compression stockings, and those are no fun when it's hot/humid out.
And the calf liposuction and arm lift can be performed at the same time.
I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who can discuss more options and details with you.  Best of luck!
Cheers,
Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Liposuction of calves and ankles need to be done by an expert.

All docs do lipo but there are very few true experts. Calves and ankles liposuction can really make a huge difference in someones life. It is so worth it and results are dramatic.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the calves and ankles

Liposuction can be a great procedure to define calves and ankles and reduce circumferential fat.  However, keep in mind that the swelling from this procedure can last longer than other areas of the body.  Full results can take 6-9 months, but improvement is usually seen in 2-3 months.  

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon