$3000 to spend for Lipo. After the surgery when will I see results?

After the surgery when will I see results? I live in Richmond, but I travel back and forth to Charlotte. I'm looking to getting liposuction done soon, but only have about $3000 to spend. I definitely want to get my upper arms and armpit areas done, back, but would also like to get my outer thighs and abdomen done as well.

$3000 to spend on Lipo

You listed several areas you are interested in treating with liposuction, however with a budget of $3000, expect to only get one to two of those areas done. Do not cut costs by going to someone who is not a board certified plastic surgeon or you might risk an unpleasant result. Results from liposuction, as long as all rules such as wearing the compression garment full time are followed can take 3-6 months to see the final.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a formal consultation with an expert for vaser contouring.  Pricing will be dependent on an expert, location, and technique.  I suggest not compromising your care for cost or distance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Patients who undergo liposuction usually have significant swelling for the first 6-8 weeks but have some residual swelling that can last several more months.  Best of luck.

Liposuction - is $3000 enough for arms, thighs and abdomen?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It is hard to predict results without seeing what someone looks like -
  • But if you have liposuction, at first you will swell - final results take about 6 months to see.
  • Good liposuction - awake or asleep - takes time to do well -
  • Your budget will definitely cover your arms but you need a consultation to see if more can be done.
  • Focus on finding the right plastic surgeon for you - 
  • It's better to have one area done well than four areas done poorly!
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for sharing your question.  Depending on the amount of liposuction performed it often takes 6 months or longer for your final results to be seen as your swelling will need to resolve and your skin given time to shrink.  That said, it will be difficult to obtain all the areas you are interested in for 3K dollars.  See a series of board certified plastic surgeons in your area for in-person consultations to get the best recommendation.