Small dent on my forehead? (photo)

Only a few years back I started to notice this small dent that appears on my forehead. Which is likely caused by an injury during childhood. It looks as if that part of my forehead is a few layers underneath. I can't get a good picture of it since it's extremely hard to get a good angle. It looks like this, but less prominent. It's not a big deal actually, the reason I want it dealt with is because that it's making wrinkles form vertically, forming a big 'plus' sign on my head.

Doctor Answers 2

Small dent on my forehead?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Fillers or fat grafting would be reasonable options to consider.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CaliforniA

Treatment for forehead dent

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The depression on your forehead could have been caused by childhood trauma. There are several treatment options. Fillers offer a temporary solution without having to undergo surgery. Fat grafting or transfer offers a permanent solution, but involves a surgical procedure. I recommend consultations with plastic surgeons in your local area to determine the best solution for your concerns. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 178 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.