One Side of my Face Lower Than the Other?

I have noticed that my face is uneven. 1 side of my face is abit lower than the other and it's most noticeable on my eyes and lips as one eyelid looks higher than the other. When i smile my lips look even but when iam not smiling and looking normal. you can notice that 1 side of the lip is lower than the other. I am only 26 yrs old so i think iam too young for a facelift to even it out. I personally feel like it might have something to do with my teeth being misaligned. can you give any advice

My face seems asymmetric

Difficult to comment without photos. That being said, all faces (and all bodies) are asymmetric, and no one is perfectly symmetric (before or AFTER surgery..); it is all a question of degree. I hope this helps.

One side of my face lower than the other

Facial asymmetry is  very common, and everyone has some degree of. A full set of pictures and usually in-person examination required to make a determination about performing any type of nonsurgical, or surgical procedures.

Asymmetries

Every patient has asymmetries. The more we look in detail the more we will find. You are right in that it is often a bone structural difference in growth. Especially when it is noticed in someone young like your self. This can vary from jaw bone width to sinus depth and nasal bone symmetry. 

As far as correcting this we have a couple of options. In my hands the most effective is probably fat transfer to build on what you already have. It would likely take two treatments though.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

Thank you for your question. Most people have some degree of facial asymmetry, and your concerns are not at all unusual. However, without any photos it is difficult to properly evaluate your individual needs and aesthetic goals. My best advice to you is to schedule a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Susan D. Vasko, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry

A degree of asymmetry is typical. Depending on the underlying reason for the asymmetry, it may be corrected aesthetically. Some asymmetry may be an indication of a medical condition. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Face asymmetry

Hello,It's difficult to tell without a photo, but remember that everyone has some degree of asymmetry to the face. The best way to get some options is to get a consult with a plastic surgeon. He/she can help evaluate these areas and offer some possible solutions. Best wishes!

Ross Blagg, MD
Austin Physician

Facial Asymmetry

No one has a perfectly symmetrical face.  Our left and right sides do not match and sometimes it is more noticeable than others.  Your surgeon can best determine what options you have to address this asymmetry. 

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

It is quite common to have facial asymmetry. Majority of patients I see during consultations have noticeable facial asymmetries. Facelift is not an answer for your facial asymmetry. 

Kevin Sadati, DO

Facial assymetry

Facial asymmetry is more the rule than the exception.  It varies from quite subtle to severe. It usually becomes most relevant when doing a forehead lift or blepharoplasty and the brows are asymmetric. this is due to  the three dimensional contour of the forehead plus usually the bone around the eye (orbit) is actually smaller.  It isn't intuitive but just elevating the brow and fixing it at a few points doesn't usually give long lasting symmetry- over time the lower brow will tend to become lower again. The same is true with a facelift for the lower face. Especially in a younger person HA fillers are probably the best treatment to get better symmetry around the mouth and cheek. 

Wayne F. Larrabee, MD

Facial asymmetry

It is actually very common to have both sides of the face "slightly" different.  You can take everyone's face and divide in half and "reflect" it using a morphing computer software and see completely different person.  Teeth misalignment can affect facial bone (maxilla) structure maturation.  Without seeing your picture it would be difficult to give you any advice.  Static asymmetry (face at rest) is easier to fix using soft tissue fillers.  Dynamic asymmetry (facial animation) may be more tricky.

Johnny Mao, MD, FACS
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon