Temporal Wasting, What Are My Options?

Hi. I suffer from temporal wasting, my head indents inward giving it a bubble like appearance lol.... I'm really self conscience about it.... I'm aware of dermal fillers such as artefill ect but can they really fill in indents? I want my head shape to be normal is there anything to fill out my temples... surgery perhaps? Thank you. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 4

Sculptra can help

Sculptra is a excellent consideration for filling in the temporal area. The results are seen in 2-3 months and can last for up to 2 years. The result should be subtle and natural appearing.

Wilmington Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Treatment for Temporal wasting

Volume loss in the temple area is a common and often overlooked area.  Replacing volume in the temporal area can significantly improve and restore a youthful contour to the face.  Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm can be used as a temporary filler.  Radiesse and Sculptra also can be used to provide a longer lasting result between 1-2 years.  A more permanent option is fat transfer, which is taking fat from one part of your body and injecting into the temple area using very small cannulas.  This can provide a natural long lasting result that basically replaces fat that has been lost over time in this area. 

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

Temporal wasting

For temporal wasting I have used hyaluronic fillers slightly diluted with lidocaine for easier injection, less pain, and I think lower risk of lumpiness.  Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Temporal aging and concavity.

This area can be filled with fillers that lastly 1-2 years or fat which requires getting the fat from somewhere on your body.  If u gain weight this fat can become larger. An implant of of silicone can be done as well. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.