What treatment can be done for a drooping eyelid?

I've had eyelid surgery on both upper and lower many years ago. One eye and brow has dropped below the level of the opposite eye. My eye looks larger though it may be due to the lower lid drooping. I know I need corrective surgery, but I have a very difficult time finding an oculoplastic surgeon with experience.

You need forehead and brow lift in addition to upper blepheroplasty

There is nothing unusual in your situation. Your forehead is drooping and that is what is causing the issues noted by you. Facial hormony is more important than isolated single issues.  Frankly you should have forehead lift, facelift and neck lift along with another blepheroplasty to have a total rejuvenation. Seek out a trained plastic surgeon who focuses on human beauty.

Ectropion lower lid

You have an ectropion of the right lower lid.  There are many excellent oculoplastic surgeons in texas - in Austin, Dallas and Houston to name a few places.  Check with the ASOPRS.org website to find one near you.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you would benefit from upper and lower eyelid surgery.  This would also address the slight ectropion that you have.  If you wish for further rejuvenation of your face, a face/neck lift and brow lift would be considered.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Eyebrow ptosis and eyelid ptosis

An evaluation to address both eyelid and eyebrow ptosis are necessary to address your concerns. Addressing one without the other can lead to a suboptimal result.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift and blepharoplasty candidate

A brow lift is required to address eyebrow asymmetry and raise the lower eyebrow to match the opposite side.  This is usually done through a coronal approach.  In addition to addressing eyebrow asymmetry, it is also possible to raise the eyebrows, lower the hairline, and soften  the forehead muscles of expression.  An upper blepharoplasty procedure  can accomplish removal of the excess skin on the upper eyelids and making the eyelids more symmetrical.    For more information  and many before and after examples of both procedures, please see the video and the link below