Do you still need an eye lift if you have a mini face lift? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Does a mini-facelift address the eyes?
A mini facelift can be a safe, quick, and effective was to make a fantastic aesthetic improvement to your face. The benefits if a minilift include a shorter recovery period, minimized risk, limited scarring, and reduced surgery time.
Blepharoplasty also known as eyelid surgery helps to restore a more youthful and refreshed appearance to the eyes and surrounding skin.
Whether you need an eyelift with your mini facelift is best determined with an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in facial cosmetic surgery who can evaluate your face with considerations like your age, skin laxity, jowls, overall health, and other important factors in order to plan a customized procedure for you as not all patients who receive a minilift will need and eyelift and vice versa. Hope this helps!
Yes two distinct procedures.
- A mini lift will lift the lower cheek, jowls, jawline, and a bit of the neck.
- A lower eyelid lift will remove the bags under the eyes and tighten the skin
- These are separate procedures accomplishing rejuvenation in different areas
- The procedures can be done at the same time and even under local anesthesia and oral sedation.
You might also like...
Best of Luck
Mini facelift vs. eyelid lift
Since the eyes are a separate part of the face from the jowls and jawline, a different surgery is done to give you an "eye lift." This surgery is called a blepharoplasty and essentially removes the drooping, excess skin of the upper eyelid.
These two procedures are very commonly combined for a few reasons:
1) Often people who get a mini facelift only feel that their eyes "give me away" now that their eyes look more aged than the lower part of the face
2) The 2 surgeries beautifully pair with each other and take care of 2 of the most common areas that people are looking for facial rejuvenation.
3) Doing the surgeries together allows them to be within the same recovery period. After about 1 week, you have gone through the majority of the healing for both procedures.
Best of luck with your decision.
Do you still need an eye lift if you have a mini face lift?
Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.
A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.
A mini lift does not correct lower eye bags or upper eyelid fullness.
Larger necks will need a full facelift to pull out the sagging neck tissues.
Do I still need an eyelift with a mini lift?
Since each doctor may apply his terminology to their procedures I would consult your surgeon and ask him about this.
From your picture you may benefit from upper eyelids. Your lower eyelids are difficult to assess as it appears you may be lying on your back which affect the appearance of your lower eyelids.