5 months after Asian Rhinoplasty w/ rib graft, unhappy because long nasal tip. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had Asian rhinoplasty to raise bridge using rib graft. I'm really unhappy w my nose. I feel I look like gonzo. I hate the way my nasal tip seems so much longer now but I know for sure nothing was done to the tip. Now all I see is the nose. Is this swelling? Will the nose tip shrink in size?

Asian Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Although 5 months is still early for an ethnic rhinoplasty post-op... the rib graft does look prominent. Its difficult to assess as the photos are not that clear. For a good opinion, you would have to be examined in person. The tip swelling will probably resolve to some degree over the next 7 to 12 months. Your surgeon should advise and reassure you through this process but a second opinion may help you feel more at ease.

Dr.S.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, and for posting pictures. While the pictures do suggest a long nasal tip, it is overall too early to evaluate your results. Rhinoplasty patients need up to 12 months for the nose to fully heal, at which point the patient can evaluate their results and discuss with their board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian nose problem

it looks like your tip has been pushed too low by the rib graft - this can be revised fairly easily by an experienced surgeon 

5 months after Asian Rhinoplasty w/ rib graft, unhappy because long nasal tip. Any suggestions

Thank you for your question.  An examination would be needed to help answer your question.  Swelling will last for at least a year.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes

Rhinoplasty recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Long Nose

Any long nose can be shortened no matter whether it is primary or secondary. It is hard to judge from the included pictures exactly what needs to be done since it is missing the profile view. You may wish to consult someone who has sufficient experience performing secondary rhinoplasty.

Good luck.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon