Is it normal to have severe fluid retention and dark purple bruises under my eyes after upper eyelid surgery? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Bruising under eyes
Severe bruising after upper lid blepharoplasty
- Bruising is common after upper lid blepharoplasty and it usually ends up below the eye,
- It usually not as severe as yours,
- If you took aspirin, ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory 2 weeks before surgery, it would cause this marked bruising,
- Bruising moves down the face, changing color as it goes,
- It will take 3 weeks to disappear, maybe 4,
- Best wishes.
Is it normal to have severe fluid retention and dark purple bruises under my eyes after upper eyelid surgery?
You might also like...
Yes, this is typical bruising with eyelid surgery.
Bruising and swelling after blepharoplasty
Yes, bruising and swelling is normal and marches down the cheek over time. Please call your doctor's office and following up with your surgeon in his/her office.
Follow all of your instructions specifically.
I hope this helps.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.