How long until a small amount of Volbella dissolves? Does it dissolve faster?

Hello, I've been injected with Juvaderm Volbella under eyses, around my mouth and just a bit in a lip (doctor convinced me he will just lift it a bit, not enlarging them at all). Now I have larger and uneaven lips. I had gorgeous lips and I never wanted to change anything until this suggestion.How long it will take until small amount of Volbella dissolve. He claims it's the minimal dosage.I am not comfortable to do anything else ever with my face and I just want my old looks back. Please advice.

Volbella results

Thank you for your question regreting. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Volbella is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the lips. Fillers such as Volbella are metabolized slowly by the body over time. Some people metabolize the products faster than others but Volbella can last about one year. Since it is a hyaluronic acid product Volbella can be dissolved with hyarluonidase injections if the results are not as desired.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Uneven Lips after Volbella

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience with your treatment.  Lip injections with any product can result in temporary swelling, and in some cases deep bruising as well.  This swelling and bruising can make the lips appear uneven, and can take up to 2 weeks to resolve completely.  I would wait at least two weeks, so you can see the final results of your treatment.  If you are still unhappy with the appearance of your lips, Volbella can be dissolved quickly with a medication called hyaluronidase.  Even if you do nothing else, your body will naturally dissolve the Volbella within 9-12 months.  

Faiyaaz Kalimullah, MD, FAAD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does it take Volbella to dissolve?

I am so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Volbella injections. However, you should know, with all injectables you can have swelling anywhere from 1-2 weeks long.  I would recommend waiting at least two weeks to see your final results.  If after two weeks you are still unhappy, you can return to your injecting physician to speak about dissolving the Volbella with hyaluronidase.  Please see a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

How long until a small amount of Volbella dissolves?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  As with all injectable treatments you may be seeing soft tissue swelling compromising your long-term results and I would recommend allowing your results to mature over 7-10 days before determine your outcome.  If still not comfortable with your results your injector can dissolve the Volbella with hyaluronidase.  Hope this helps.