Is Juvederm Volbella or Restylane Silk better for periorbital smoker lines?

Which product, juvederm volbella or restylane silk, is more natural looking for those pesky periorbital lines? Thank you!

Volbella and Restylane Fill in Smoker Lines

Juvederm Volbella and Restylane are both excellent solutions to remedy smoker's lines. The choice of which filler is best in your case will be made based on the depth of your wrinkles and your skin quality when you consult with a board-certified dermatologist.

Juvéderm Volbella vs. Restylane Silk for Periorbital Lines

Thank you for your question in regards to Volbella. For periorbital lines I think Volbella gives the most natural look due to its lower concentration of hyaluronic acid per m (this along with the cross-linking of the molecules means less swelling). Volbella's consistency is so incredibly smooth, like honey, and it's as if you are adding another layer of skin under those lines! Juvéderm Volbella and Restylane Silk are both wonderful products, but Volbella is amazing for any area where you want a very natural look, with longevity up to a year. It is a beautiful tool we now have! To find out what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Volbella vs restylane silk for perioral lines

Volbella is the newest hyaluronic acid filler FDA approved specifically for fine lip lines. It is outstanding for reducing or getting rid of them! Restylane silk is also an excellent alternative and depends on the lines as to which is preferred. The bottom line is you should seek out a board certified dermatologist or board certified facial plastic surgeon who has specific advanced training in these techniques! Hope this helps

Lesley Rabach, MD

Restylane Silk or Volbella

Thank you for your question. Both Restylane Silk and Volbella have been shown effective in treating perioral lines which are the fine lines around the lips commonly referred to as smoker's lines. Volbella can offer a smoother result with less swelling then Restylane Silk but they both can be great choices for this area. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Volbella and Restylane Silk for Smoker's Lines

Both products can be used for the lines around the lips but I much prefer Volbella for this area. It is a smoother injection with less bruising and swelling and more natural results.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm Volbella vs. Restylane Silk for Lip Lines

In regards to treating perioral lip lines via filler, you are likely to achieve satisfactory results with either product. Juvederm Volbella and Restylane Silk are similar in that they are thinner fillers than others offered in their respective product lines, making them ideal for superficial wrinkles, such as so-called “smoker lines,” and subtle lip augmentations. The main differences between the two lie in their manufacturers, how long they have been available, and each product’s promise of longevity. Galderma’s Restylane Silk has been available for over a year, and is said to last six months and longer, while Allergan’s Juvederm Volbella was released within the past few months, and is promising potential results up to a year.

Because Juvederm Volbella is fairly new to the U.S., it may take some time for any significant differences between it and Restylane Silk to be realized. I have treated perioral lip lines with both products, and at the end of the day, I believe the most significant factor in regards to results lies within the skill of the injector, not the product injected. Consult with a board certified Dermatologist who has had ample experience with both fillers. Best of luck!  

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Is JVD Volbella or Restylane Silk better for smoker lines?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Both fillers can effectively be used to treat smokers lines, but in my hands I have found Volbella to offer a more natural appearance.  Hope this helps.

Smokers lines require multiple modalities to get the best results

the most exciting product for smokers lines currently I have been using is Vobella. this softened new filler can be placed superficially and provides smoothness without the hugeness. PRP combined with filler and laser resurfacing also help provide a more thorough treatment. Microneedling and PRP can added or replace the laser resurfacing if budget concerns exist. these treatments are all complimentary to each other.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Smoker Lines Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp, radiofrequency and fillers

Restylane Silk or Belotero are good fillers for this area, along with Botox. Volbella is the newest treatment for this but I find actually gives more volume here. A combination of laser, radiofrequency and microneedling/prp to stimulate collagen along with fillers work best for this area.  I suggest going to a facial contouring expert who injects fillers with cannulas as they can be used above the mouth as well for the smokers lines.  Best, Dr. Emer.