Is Juvederm XC the same as Juvederm Volbella?

What is better for fading lips? My lips are losing volume as I am 62 years old. I had juvederm xc last year for above my top lip and it lasted still. I would like the longest filler.

Assessment is important

Juvederm Volbella XC can be used for a subtle lip augmentation however assessment Is key. The provider who will be determining what product to use should analyze lip anatomy paying special attention to border and presence of perioral rhytids (vertical lip lines). Typically Juvederm Ultra XC or even Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can provide natural and beautiful results however now that Juvederm Volbella is FDA approved, you may need this product to address the lips as well as the vertical lip lines discussed. Please keep in mind the Juvederm Volbella XC is extremely technique dependent and it is very important to find a provider who is a top 1% provider in your region. In my practice we have been among the top 1% provider in the country for over a decade.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Products

Thank you for your question. The ideal product for your needs is best determined during a consultation. With a provider that is skilled with lip fillers, both products can create optimal results that look natural. Volbella's thinner formulation is effective for more precise shaping of the lips and treatment of fine lines around the mouth. If you are looking to add considerably more volume, your provider may recommend Juvederm XC. 

Volbella is reported to last longer than other thin hyaluronic acid fillers on the market as it uses the Vycross patented technology - same as in Voluma.

Jennifer Levine, MD

Juvederm or Juvederm Volbella for lip augmentation

Both Juvederm and Juvederm Volbella are efficacious treatments for lip augmentation and can sometimes be used in combination with one another.  Volbella uses Vycross technology and is designed to treat peri-oral lines as well as provide volume to the lips. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine which product better suits your individual concerns and goals. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Juvederm XC versus Juvederm Volbella

Juvederm Volbella has new Vycross technology and makes it much more effective for fine lines around the mouth and has a longer longevity and softness for the lips.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for sharing your question. JVD volbella is a newly FDA approved HA filler that is indicated for the lips and perioral regions.  It is different than JVD XC as it has a different cross-linking that allows it to have results for a year and has a lesser tendency towards swelling and water absorption, much like Voluma.  I hope this helps.

Juvederm Volbella

Dear brenjor:

Volbella is not the same as Juvederm XC.  Volbella is a new vycross product which can last up to 1 year.  In Canada, I have used it with great effect to reflate and volumize lips.  Hope this information helps.

Volbella has more crosslinking for more longevity

Hi, I just added a link that might be helpful...

Hi brenjor.  Volbella will be available in the US soon.  It will have specific indications for use around the lips, and b/c of its higher crosslinking, will have more longevity than the Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm UltraPlus XC products.  An experienced injector can help guide you and deliver a great result with the different fillers.  Best wishes,

Volbella is a new product from the juvederm family of products.  It is exciting in that it has a potential duration of 1 year in its FDA indication.  It is specifically tailored for the lip and mouth area.  It therefore should be the longest acting product for lip enhancement or augmentation.Best of luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question brenjor. Juvederm is a filler that can be used to enhance the lips. Juvederm Ultra has been available for several years; it uses Hylacross technology. Volbella will be available in the United States in October 2016; it uses Vycross technology as in Voluma. This means there is more cross-linking and it has a longer duration of action. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician