Who in Your Opinion is the Best Facial Surgeons out There for Revisions Facelift in Usa ?

Best facelift surgeon for revision

For revisions, seeking out a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in facelifts would give you the best outcome.  Looking at board certification, credentials and training are all important but in the end the rapport you develop with the surgeons you visit is the most important so you feel like they will be there in case there's an issue.  To learn more about different types of facelifts, visit our facelift website.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Facelift Experts

Facelifts are a very difficult procedure to perform.  Finding a facelift surgeon who specializes in revision facelifts can be helped by the following criteria:

• Experience in Facelifts- Surgeons who have experience in revision facelifts and have performed a large amount of facelifts will be in general better than those who have performed less.  However keep the next factor in mind.
  • Type of Facelift-  This is a critical factor.  A surgeon who performs simple skin only lifts is not going to be helpful in a revision facelift.  A deeper facelift is typically required.  Seek a surgeon experienced in deeper plane facelift techniques.
  • Scientific Paper-  A surgeon who specializes in facelifts should have at least a paper or chapter on some aspect on facelifts.  Usually scientific papers are peer reviewed, meaning a colleague has deemed it worthy of being placed in print.  You can type in the surgeon's name and look in pubmed.com.
  • Board Certification-  Surgeon should be board certified in either Facial Plastic Surgery or Plastic Surgery. 

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Who is the Best

To paraphrase a joke that I heard in my training, "If you ask a Facial Plastic Surgeon who the top three facelift Surgeons are in the world, he will have trouble remembering the other two".  The answer is that you should see someone who really specializes in faces. This can include a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who takes a special interest in facial surgery.  Time in practice is important, so you probably want to see someone with 10 plus years in practice and a minimum of 500 facelifts.  You should review dozens of the Surgeons results and feel comfortable with the practice.  In SW Florida, based on the patient population that lives here, we see a large number of people who have concerns about facial aging.  Good luck in your search.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Plastic Surgeon for Facelift Revisions

The following are a few things that can distinguish some surgeons from others
1) Graduating from a top tier medical school at the top of their class.
2) Membership in Alpha Omega Alpha. This is the medical honors society. Alpha Omega Alpha is to medicine what Phi Beta Kappa is to undergraduate universities
3) Formal surgical training from prestigious medical universities. The minimum number of years of surgical training for plastic surgeons to be bord certified in five years. Some physicians have as many as ten years of formal surgical training. There simply is no substitute for stelar academic and practical surgical training.

4) Very experienced surgeons with meticulous surgical technique and natural looking outcomes will have photgraphic evidence of their work. Patients should be able to view many photos of the surgery of interest, photgraphed from three different perspectives all with similar lighting, distance from the camera and cropping

The elite experience extends beyond the surgeon to the facility, and the surgical team. You should be able to see the surgical theater and know who else will be in the OR with you during surgery. The Joint Commission (JCAHO) is an organization that provides certification to hospital OR's. The Joint Commission and AAAASF are two of the organizations that can provide certification to surgical suites. Some plastic surgeons elect to have their surgery centers dually certified.

The anesthesia experience is critical to a safe and comfortable surgical experience. A board certified anesthesiologist can administer general or MAC anesthesia. My preference is to have a board-certified anesthesiologist at the bedside of my patients for the duration of surgery.

Plastic surgeons who cater to high profile individuals who place a high value on privacy will have a private first floor entrance and exit so patients never need to be in a public lobby or elevator for pre-operative or post operative visits.

It takes just a few mouse clicks to verify a surgeon's credentials online. Make sure that the surgeon or surgeons that you are considering are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are active members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). ASPS members are also eligible for membership in the exclusive American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), the premier professional association of board-certified plastic surgeons with a specialty practice in cosmetic surgery

Selecting a plastic surgeon should always start with board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, but it doesn't end there.
Choosing Your Surgeon
There is endless information about plastic surgery available online, some of it helpful, some of it hogwash. Many patients learn about treatment options and narrow their search for a plastic surgeon with the help of their computer. And then they make one or two or more appointments, and on the basis of these encounters decide on a surgeon. Some patients already have a particular plastic surgeon in mind, based on the recommendation of satisfied patients or the surgeon's reputation.
Regardless of how you decide who you see, ask yourself the following questions after your consultation appointment(s):
Is this surgeon qualified to perform the surgery I am considering?
Do I like this person? Will I enjoy seeing them over the course of my surgery and recovery?
Was my complete medical history taken and examined in detail?
Did this physician truly listen to me as I explained my thoughts about the improvement I am seeking?
Does this physician share my aesthetic sensibility? Do they understand me and are they able to provide exactly what I am looking for?
Was I provided with a thorough understanding of all options available (both surgical and non-surgical)?
Was I shown photographic examples of surgical outcomes that give me confidence?
Was the office staff professional, friendly and accommodating?
Was I pressured in any way to proceed with surgery?
Does this surgeon perform aesthetic surgery exclusively or is aesthetic surgery a small percentage of the pratice?

Listen to what your heart and your gut tell you when you are evaluating your consultation experience. Only move forward if you can do so with confidence about the experience you expect to have in a given plastic surgery practice, and about your ultimate outcome as a surgical patient.
Your experience with the consultation process is a good indication of what you are likely to receive as a surgical patient in any practice. If the process is well-organized and enjoyable, the staff is respectful and efficient, and the physician takes adequate time to understand your individual needs and communicates effectively, then you have a very high likelihood of being treated in a similar fashion if you become a surgical patient of that practice. If the process is disorganized or rushed, if the staff is discourteous or unprofessional, or if the physician does not give you confidence that your needs will be met, then don't expect things to get any better once you are a surgical patient.
You must be absolutely certain that your plastic surgeon's aesthetic sensibility matches your aesthetic goals. I have a very particular aesthetic vision, and I do not pretend to be the plastic surgeon for everybody. I strive to produce surgical results that are natural-appearing, results that do not advertise a trip to the operating room. For example, I do not perform breast augmentation for patients that are seeking an overly large and distinctly `done' breast appearance. And I have a particular distaste for cheek implants, as I think they rarely produce natural-appearing cheek contours, and instead prefer to enhance facial volume by means of structural fat grafting. Make sure that your plastic surgeon's philosophy and preferred approaches are consistent with the goals that you have in mind.
Adequate communication is obviously invaluable, and you should be able to communicate clearly and easily not only with your doctor, but also with your doctor's staff. Over the course of preparing for and recovering from aesthetic surgery, your doctor's staff will have an important and active role. Make sure that your interaction with the staff gives you confidence that you will receive the care and attention that you expect, and deserve, postoperatively.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Best Surgeons

I would recommend finding a doctor that specializes in facelifts.  Also, visit with more than 1 physician and have them show you their own patient's before and after photos.  Make sure you are comfortable with not only the doctor but their staff too.  We also have patients that will speak to people considering a facelift, that might be something you can ask.

Ben Hugo, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Surgeon

If your skin sagging is so severe that cannot be fixed with non-surgical approaches, if you want to have an immediate result and you don’t want to wait for months to see the results; then you might be a good candidate for a face lifting operation. There are several techniques for face lifting operations the ones with minimal retractions and the ones that with a more aggressive approaches. You can decide the best technique that will work for you in the consultation with your doctor.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Who is the best Surgeon out there for Facelifts

this is a complicated question, but my advice is to make sure you understand what makes a "good" surgeon. 

I wrote an article on this and you may find it helpful. 

Take a look at the link below. 

Dr Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Top facelift surgeon

A modern facelift requires a combination of approaches to achieve outstanding results:

1. Facelift technique: the tumescent technique in facelift surgery decreases the rate of bleeding during surgery, decreases the chance of hematoma after surgery, and allows small vessels and nerves to be easily visualized during surgery. 

2. SMAS treatment:  some combination of lifting the deeper tissues of the face by treating the SMAS layer is critical. Additional shaping sutures can enhance the overall deep layer lift.  The technique used to treat this layer is less important than the direction of lift and customization to the patients' facial structure.

3. Fat grafting:  fat grafting provides permanent volume replenishment to the face.  The fat also has some stem cells.  Many our patients will notice that their skin looks brighter and their pores are smaller most likely from the stem cell effect,

Who in Your Opinion is the Best Facial Surgeons out There for Revisions Facelift ?

A surgeon who  specializes in facelift would be the best choice since he or she will obviously have performed thousands of facelifts using the SMAS procedure preferably. Review the before and afer photos or videos on my site which shows the natural results most people want.

Best qualified for revision facelift?

This should be a facelift surgeon who performed many facelifts in his career (maybe in excess of 1000) and who commonly performs secondary facelifts. Then you can study his results through before and after photos. Lastly, during your in-person consultation you should be in agreement with his aesthetic goals and his surgical plan. 

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon