Scarring at the Outer Corner of my Eye. Can It Be Fixed?

I had a lower Bleph skin incision and then sometime later a vein removed from under my eye. The surgeon who removed the vein, cut near the corner of my eye and now my eye is rounded and what looks like webbing. At times the scar runs vertical and other times my eye looks rounded. Can this be fixed or should I leave it alone? Who would be the best doctor to fix this? How would be be fixed? I am scared my eye will end up smaller and look more pulled (overtime) with more surgery? please help.

Doctor Answers 3

Webbing following lower blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This can be corrected, bring up your concern with your surgeon. If you want a second opinion, I think your best bet is an ophthalmic plastic surgeon.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Scar Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a lot of concerns with this type of revision.  I would see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and Oculoplastic surgeon and evaluate the options.  New scarring could make it worse.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Eyelid scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Dedeheart:

It is difficult to tell what can or can't be done without an examination and comparison to the other side. If the skin in the area is soft and mobile, scar revision should provide you with some benefit. Be certain to see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic specialist.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.