My Dentist used white cement as my veneers came out darker than asked for. Is this okay? They appear shiny?

When the Veneers were placed on to see what color they would appear they were too dark. Instead of a transparent cement my dentist used a white cement rather than send the veneers back to the lab. I asked why the did not go back to the lab and he explained there was no difference and the lab would have just built the opaque look into the veneer? Is that okay? They appear shiny

Minor corrections with cement is normal

Shininess will not be affected by cement, the cement is internal. Since veneers are thin, minor changes can sometimes be made by using different shades of cement. Manufacturers make different shades of try in paste for this very purpose. 

Sending back lack to the lab is usually only for catastrophic mess ups and not minor issues. 

Dark veneers #DrSoftTouch

To answer your question, yes, cement can slightly alter the shade of veneers. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your veneers, you should speak with your dentist about your concerns. Your dentist may be willing to help fix this issue for you by replacing the veneers with a lighter shade. Of course, there may be a fee for this since you okayed the shade. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.