Link between Whey Protein Powder and Gynecomastia? Is there evidence that the two are related?

It's been a week since having gynecomastia surgery and I feel great! I looked online and I found certain people trying to link Whey Protein supplements to Gyno. I don't find the evidence to be very solidifying, but with that being said, should I avoid Whey Protein supplements following gyno surgery? I'm a vegetarian so I naturally lack a bit of protein in my diet which is why I'd rather not skip out on the supplements.

Whey Protein

There is no known association of whey protein and gynecomastia. Boosting protein intake around the time of surgery will only help your healing process, as you need amino acids from protein to form the collagen that makes up scar tissue. The only supplements that may cause an issue are the ones with prohormones in it. Read the ingredients carefully. Many protein supplements are labled "anabolic" but this does not mean steroids, it means building muscle...and you certainly need protein to build more muscle.

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

About Gynecomastia and the Causes

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.