Veneers on lower teeth? (Photo)

My teeth have some serious staining that cannot be corrected by bleaching, so I want get veneers to make them whiter. Ideally I would like to go to a BL1 or BL2 shade. I have visited few doctors: some recommend veneers on top teeth only, others have said that if I want a BL shade on the top, I have to do the lower ones also, and now I'm not sure what to think? When I smile you can only see the top teeth or sometimes the very top of the bottom teeth.

Porcelain veneers on upper teeth only

While the "best" result would be to treat all teeth, the investment is usually what stops people.  Upper teeth only will be half the investment of doing upper and lower.  Only the PATIENT can decide how many teeth is the right number.

Choose #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would recommend veneering your upper and lower teeth if you plan to choose a shade that is significantly different than your natural teeth, especially if whitening is not an option for your lower teeth.  You want veneers to transform your smile, but you don't want them to stand out so much that it's obvious you've had your teeth done. I would recommend doing a little research on line and finding a dentist with great before and after photos. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect from the dentist that you select. I'll attach a link to a before and after photo of a patient of mine, who's case was very similar to yours. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Porcelain Veneers

If you only show the upper teeth there is no reason that you have to do the lowers.  As long as you are ok with a difference in color between the top and bottom it is completely fine to do the uppers only.  It would help to whiten the lowers to make the difference in color not be so drastic.  

Veneers on lower teeth

According to the picture, lower teeth don´t look staining and when you smile we can only see the top teeth but sometimes doctors recommended both because of the teeth color that you wan and the difference that can be between the upper and lower teeths color. I recommended you if you want BL1 to put in both but if you will look for a more natural color (The same that the lower teeth) just do it on the uppe ones. 

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist