Can my underbite be corrected with veneers? (Photo)

I don't want to have surgery

Veneers for underbite?

Porcelain veneers are tiny shells of dental porcelain which get bonded to the front surface of your teeth to improve their appearance. Veneers can be used to address a wide range of smile imperfections, before you make any decisions consult with a skill cosmetic dentist that specializes in TMJ and that have been awarded and done many cases. Seeing an orthodontist can also help give you some feedback and help you with your decision.

Fairfax Dentist

Porcelain veneers have limits of what they can correct

While porcelain veneers can do amazing things, correcting an underbite usually is not one of them.  Even when they CAN, it is part of a full mouth reconstruction where the entire mouth and bite are restored, combining veneers with full crowns on the back teeth.  Cases like in the photos are treated at minimum with orthodontics (braces) and likely surgically as well.

Options for underbite #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
A skillful cosmetic dentist should be able to correct a very minor underbite with porcelain veneers. If the underbite is more moderate to severe, like yours, then jaw surgery or braces are the only remedy.  I would recommend seeing an orthodontist to determine your options. Good luck and I hope this info helps you. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO Area (O'Fallon, IL)
RealSelf100

Correction of Underbite

Veneers are not the best option for you.  Consider seeing an orthodontist for a consultation.  You are an advanced, difficult case that will likely involve braces and potentially jaw surgery.  Best of luck.  

Underbite - class3

no, veneer is not recommended in yr case. there r chances of chipping off veneers due to unwanted forces on veneers because of underbite.  so best option for u is braces / aligner treatment. later on for aesthetic enhancement u can go for veneers.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Underbite Correction without surgery

Yes, underbites can sometimes be corrected without surgery with full-mouth restoration using porcelain veneers and/or crowns. You will need a comprehensive evaluation and bite analysis by a highly skilled dentist or prosthodontist to determine if you are a good candidate for full-mouth restoration with veneers/crowns. Looking at your photos, I think this can be done. I recently treated a patient with a very similar issue and was able to correct her bite with full upper arch porcelain crowns along with vertical bite opening and esthetic anterior crown lengthening. Hope this helps. Good luck.