Poochy downturned smile; what non surgical options do I have to fix this? (photos)

Hi there I'm a 43 yr old woman and have lost some weight (about 20 lbs) in the past couple of years. Since then I've noticed My smile is extremely poochy around the corners of my mouth and also downturned.  Thanks!

Downturning lips

Thank you for your pictures! This is a common question and problem that patients present with.  There are two great, non-surgical ways of dealing with this.  I find that a combination of both is key.  The first is filler.  Depending on the quality of the tissue, laxity, severity at rest, etc - a particular filler over another may be recommended.  This helps support the tissue in the right plane.  In order to eliminate the downturn pull, a small dose of botox to the DAO muscle relaxes it and softens that downturn.  Overall, I find that this combination works great with minimum downtime and maximum results.  Anyways, best of luck! I hope some of this helps. 

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Poochy down turned smile - treatment?

Thank you for asking about your smile.

One can't be sure based on photos but the photos strongly suggest that with your weight loss, your skin has become very loose. You might need a face and neck lift but first have your plastic surgeon try a Botox injection of the DAO muscle. This facial muscle pulls down the lip and Botox may allow your smile to float up, back to where you want it!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS