Strange shaped lips after lip lift?

I've Been left with excessive Cupid bow after a liplift revision. Is there anything that can be done to repair the problem.

Excessive cupid's bow after revision

I agree with Dr. Morgan.  Time is often the best healer in this case - 6 month minimum especially after a secondary surgery like a revision.If the lift is still excessive centrally at the point, one option may be to consider an extended lateral vermilion roll-out to "soften" the "cupey-doll" look.  Whether or not this is actually a good idea will depend entirely on your esthetics and that's best evaluated in person.Keep me posted!Rob

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift - Cupid's bow too high!

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • If your surgery was within the past 6 months, you are still swollen -
  • Wait 6 months and the result is likely to improve.
  • If it does not, you need to discuss the problem with your plastic surgeon to see what surgery, if any, or what camoflage measures may help you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS