Is it normal for Dysport to wear off so quickly?

The first use of Dysport lasted me just under 3 months. I did my forehead only not inbetween my eyebrows. I just recently did it a second time for my wedding, I had it done November 15. It's now December 28 and it's completely warn off. I'm 28, and was using the reccomend amount. Is this common for it to ware off so fast?

Thank you for your question. Dysport will typically last 3-4 months after treatment. Results are usually seen around day 3 with maximal improvement at 1-2 weeks. If you are not happy with your results by the end of two weeks I would recommend you follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you need subsequent treatments to touch up. 

Hello, and thank you for your question. In general, treatment with Dysport will last for an average of 3-4 months. However, patients may react different to the treatment. I would recommend speaking with your provider, as it is possible you may benefit from a higher dose of Dysport. He/she will be able to advise you following an assessment. You may also want to try Botox for your next treatment. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dysport Duration

Hello and thank you for your questions, and I hope you get the results you desire. The effectiveness of your Dysport/Botox can be affected by a variety of factors such as storage conditions, dilution, injector technique/skill, patient muscle mass and others. Botox and Dysport will typically begin to "kick in" after 4-7 days, but some may see results earlier. The full effect is usually seen after 7-10 days so two weeks after your injections is a great time for a follow-up with your injector if you are not getting the results you desire. Additional injections may be given at 2 weeks if more correction is desired/needed. Botox/Dysport typically last 3-4 months, and after that it begins to slowly wear off. It is best to find a product that works well for you and stick with it at that dosage. It is best to follow up with your injector and discuss your concerns.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dysport longevity

I would recommend a visit to your injector.  Typically Dysport will last 3-4 months if standard doses are used.  Check to see the dilution that your injector used and the amount of units injected.  It should definitely last more than 6 weeks if standard amounts were injected.

Camille Cash, MD

Dysport

I would recommend to follow-up with the physician that performed your Dysport treatment. There is the option of trying another product such as Botox or you could possibly need a higher dose. Your physician should be able to help determine with you what would be ideal.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dysport time

Thank you for your question. I would first make sure you received the recommended 60 units of Dysport in the forehead. The next question is how did your provider dilute the Dysport. I have found that Dysport lasts between 3 and 4 months by diluting it with 1 ml of bacteriostatic saline. If it was diluted with 2,3, or 4 ml of saline it may not last as long. I always recommend having  this discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon who does a high volume of injectables. I hope this helps you.

Dysport and Botox last on average, 3-4 months

Patients react differently to products and it may be that you need a higher dose. I find that Dysport injections result in a more "natural" look ,meaning that the muscles aren't as frozen as they are with Botox. You may want to try either a higher dose or Botox to see if the results last longer. Discuss with your physician, who will be able to advise you better.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does dysport last?

while dysport and botox are said to last 3-4 months, it can really vary based on the person, the dosage, and the area injected.  I would think it should last longer than it is.  my suggestion would be to try botox on your next visit and see if that last any longer. 

Brent Birely, MD

Botox & Dysport

Botox & Dysport typically last 3-4 months, but it also depends on units amount & location placement.  Best to consult an experienced injector.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Dysport/Botox Results

Everyone is different in length the botox/dysport lasts and most people on AVERAGE last 3-4 months but some less and some more.  A lot has to do with dosage and the average amount the person moves/makes expression.  I suggest you speak to your physician and look at the before/after photos.  Best, Dr. Emer.