How long do I need to wait between surgeries?

I just had upper and lower blepharoplasty under local anesthesia and want to get breast revision surgery under general anesthesia as soon as it is safe. thanks

Waiting time between procedures

is determined by how many weeks your surgeon wants you to restrict your activities... once cleared to resume activities, you can safely have other procedures under general anesthesia done.

It's a great question. I would ask your surgeon their specific recommendations, but in general I would wait six weeks, until the eyelids have healed fully, before proceeding with breast surgery.

There is no fixed number for this.

Generally we recommend a minimum of 3 weeks to allow the eyes to be sufficiently healed that you are not also healing from eyelid surgery surgery at the same time you are healing from breast surgery.  Otherwise the tiny dose of medication needed for the eyelid surgery has no real bearing on the breast surgery.

Hello and thank you for asking this important question on RealSelf.I do believe you would not have to wait more than six weeks between cases.  Especially since the first was completed under a local anesthesia.If one has a larger procedure under a general anesthesia and then wants a second large procedure, I recommend waiting about 3 months.  This recommendation, however, may be different depending on the health and age of a certain patient.Good Luck to You.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon