Tired/sagging brow and hooded lid at 20. (photos)

Hi! I'm 20 years old and I dislike the way my upper lids have come to be more and more obscured by the skin. I've been under a LOT of stress for the past three years and I feel that it shows. In the morning as well as halfway through the day, I feel my eyebrow and skin on my kids sort of "weighing down" on my eyes. My eyebrows sort of lower themselves and I feel there is too much skin in my eye sockets. My dad had to remove skin here for functional reasons. Am I too young to remove skin?

Eyes and brows

Your eyes and brows look great. I would not recommend any type of procedure for this area.  Best of luck.

I disagree with my colleagues!

You have significant upper eyelid ptosis.  The upper eyelids hang on the upper surface of the cornea and together with the upper eyelid lash ptosis, these structures shade the top of the cornea.  Instead of looking bright and jewel like, your eyes look dull and lifeless.  There is also a compensatory eyebrow elevation. This gives you a Mephisto look.  I approach this type of cosmetic ptosis surgery with the microblepharoplasty tool box.  Surgery is not subtractive but structural.  We are looking to correct the ptosis, create a hard upper eyelid crease with an anchor blepharoplasty.  The anchor blepharoplasty controls the tension in the eyelid platform and helps support the upper eyelid lashes making them perky.  When the eyes are lifted more open with ptosis surgery, the brow commonly relax down and this will make your subbrow area one of your best features as it should be.  Let me emphasize that finding this type of specialized custom surgery close to home will be impossible.  You will need to travel to see an aesthetic eyelid specialist.  Choose your surgeon carefully.

Beautiful eye lids ...

Thank you for sharing your pics . You have a beautiful and youthful eye lids and eye . You dont need any surgical procedures. only happiness is missing in your face . Bring happiness, everything will be fine . Take care .

Heavy eyelids

Your lids and brows look great and  you are beautiful as you are.  You don't need anything done yet!  You are the "after"  look we try to get in our patients.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Genetic large orbits, baggy eyelids in Slavic face. Bleph 21

You have an inherited family deformity with slight baggy eyelid and tear trough. You have Malar bone Slavic features with lateral cheek eminence that cannot give a good support to the lower lid.Since the orbit is too large the fat content, which supports the eyeball, exit under the OO muscle. unfortunately the bags will become more obvious with time passing. 

All this could be treated as a preventive procedure by adipose stem cell  injections (FAMI). It has been described as Bleph 21.

Roger Amar, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Correct sagging brows

Hello, Thank you for sharing your question.  I would recommend that you try Botox injections.  I would not start until you turn 21.  A slight brow lift can be obtained by using Botox injections, which should be performed by a trained professional.  From reviewing your photographs, I do not see the need for a Blepharoplasty just yet.  Best Wishes, Dr. B.

A.K. Bhattacharya, MD, FACS
Freehold Plastic Surgeon