Uneven eyes and pain 5 weeks after lower lid blepharoplasty? (Photo)

I am 5 weeks out from lower lid bleph and my right eye is doing very well. My left eye has been painful and irritated the entire period. My eyes are uneven. I have tingling and throbbing in my outer area and it is painful to the touch. I have headaches almost daily and my eye feels like there is something in it. It also feels tight in the corner. I have to use drops daily. Is this normal at this point? I saw an opthamologist a week after my surgery and she did not find any issues. Please advise.

Cornea issue?

You may have a cornea issue and should see an ophthalmologist.  Best of luck with your results.,......

This picture is so poor that it provides not insight into what is going on.

The most common issue after lower blepharoplasty is dry eye.  I recommend see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon or a fellowship trained cornea specialist.  These types of ophthalmic specialists have more advanced training than a general ophthalmologists are often more attuned to post-eyelid surgery issues.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you find a well qualified surgeon for a second opinion.

5 weeks post lower lid surgery

You do have a significant asymmetry still.  What does your surgeon say?  Possible reaction to buried sutures?  You don't appear very red, but definite swelling.  And pain when you touch indicates some inflammation.  May need to get a second opinion.  Check with oculoplastic surgeon who can also take a look at the cornea. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon