Upper blepharoplasty in San Diego cost? (Photo)

I would like to get blepharoplasty done without fat removal. I think my main problem is that i have excess skin on my lids which has gotten worse the past couple of years(I'm 29). I also seem to have more skin on my right eye making that eye look smaller than my left. Was wondering what the price was in san diego for just skin removal. Thank you!

Cost of an upper blepharoplasty

The cost of upper blepharoplasty procedures directly dependent upon the type of anesthesia used, operating room costs, and the surgeon's professional fee for performing the surgery in addition to all of the postoperative follow-ups for a year. A skin only upper blepharoplasty can be accomplished under local anesthesia. For more information, our current price list, and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Cost of upper blepharoplasty

Hello and thanks for your questions.  After reviewing your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for an upper blepharoplasty (eyelid lift).  Cost does vary depending on anatomy and an exam would be needed for an exact quote, however a straight forward upper eyelid lift can usually be performed under local anesthesia as an in-office procedure which will significantly reduce your cost compared to having a procedure under general anesthesia.  

I would recommend scheduling a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your treatment options.  Best wishes and happy holidays!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty?

Thanks for posting GREAT Photos! Look in the mirror and lift you skin above your brow. If that looks good to you you need a brow lift and Not a blepharoplasty. It will eliminate the skin excess, raise your brow and can be done thru a small scar which will not be seen. 

Upper blepharoplasty

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a procedure which can easily be done in the office under local anesthesia in many cases. This will save significant costs as there will be no anesthesia or operating room charges. Patients tolerate this easily and the aesthetic outcome is identical. Please see information on the web reference below. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Upper blepharoplasty in San Diego cost?

There are many variables that contribute to surgical fees: the extent of the procedure, geographic location of the surgical practice, the credentials and level of training of the surgeon, his or her expertise and reputation, the fee for the anesthesia provider, and facility charge (the facility should be accredited by a national accrediting organization like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)). It is important to compare “apples to apples”.Fees will vary from $4000 to $6500. You should find the most qualified individual to perform a surgical procedure, not the least expensive. Your health and safety depend on it. 

If your selection of a surgeon is determined primarily by high or low fees, ultimately, you may be disappointed with your choice. Shopping for bargains should be saved for sandals and t-shirts not procedures that require scientific knowledge, training, judgment, artistry and expertise.

I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic  Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Typically an upper blepharoplasty would range from $5000-$6000 depending if done is out patient surgery center or in office procedure. Hope that helps. Best, Dr. Heffernan

J. Timothy Heffernan, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon