Bulbous nose rhinoplasty surgeon recommendations? (Here or in Mexico).

I'm looking a surgeon who specializes in bulbous nose rhinoplasty,I've seen a lot of great work from Dr's but very few who I think had a before nose like mine. I would like a slimmer nose and to achieve better nostril breathing since I have a deviated septum. I'm not aming to look like Blake L. But I'm impressed by what was achieved by her surgeon. Overal I just want a more feminine appearance. Surgeon here I the U.S. or in Mexico. Thanks . App is not allowing keto upload pictures.

Doctor Answers 7


consult a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Bulbous noses are common. However, you should feel comfortable with your surgeon.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

there are many approaches to correct a bulbous tip, both using the open and closed rhinoplasty approaches.  You should go on a few consults to get a number of opinions regarding what can be done.  You will then be able to determine which surgeon is the best choice for you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip?

I and many experienced  rhinoplasty surgeons who do refinement of the bulbous tip as well as other portions of a rhinoplasty procedure  such as fixing a deviated septum (which need to be done)..See a surgeon who can show you before and after results with large bulbous tips which  Will fit your face and not look unnatural.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Bulbous tip

Bulbous tip requires nasal tip domal cartilage reduction and tightening. Please see example of patient below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip reduction

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish reduction of the bulbous nasal tip.  Suture techniques, a conservative cartilage removal, and sometimes cartilage grafting techniques are required to narrow the bulbous tip.  For more information  and many before and after  results from our practice, please see the link and the video  below

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

Bulbous nose rhinoplasty surgeon recommendations?

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website
who proposes to tell you what can be achieved and exactly how to technically do it without seeing photos and more importantly without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive  rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Finding your surgeon

There are excellent doctors in both countries as long as you do you due diligence in researching the specific surgeon who will perform your surgery.  It's often prudent to consult in person with ~3 rhinoplasty specialists  to find who fits your personality and instills confidence in you.

Donald B. Yoo, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.