A Few V Beam Bruises are still dark and visible after 7 weeks, is that something to be concerned about?

I had a V-Beam treatment done to remove broken blood vessels in the face. It's now been 7 weeks and there's still about 4 bruises visible from the treatment while most have faded. Some of the bruises will also get darker after appearing to be gone if the skin gets dry. Is this something that needs medical attention? The Dermatologist who performed the procedure as checked the bruises twice at 3 and then 6 weeks and determined there is no hyperpigmentation.

Bruising and Staining after VBeam treatments

This is tough to answer without pictures. Bruising is variable for patients, but bruising after VBeam generally lasts 7-12 days. With extensive bruising is the possibility of haemosiderin staining which can persist for a longer period, but can be improved with lasers and vitamin C pills/topical. I recommend following up with your Dr. to discuss aftercare. Best, Dr. Emer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

VBeam

This is too long for simple bruising and very likely this is hyperpigmentation. Ask if the dermatologist can check whether this is haemoglobin or melanin by using a Visia scan or colirometer

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

VBeam

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist