Does a tummy tuck look fake... will everyone be able to tell? (Photos)

I don't have a lot to be removed just hoping to look flat and natural

Do Tummy Tucks look fake?

Thanks for your question and photos. The answer to your question is that abdominoplasties and nearly all of the procedures we do can look very natural if performed well. Given enough healing time, they can look as though no surgery took place. The trick is to hide the scars and treat the abdomen as a whole. In other word, liposuction of the back and abdomen with abdominoplasty. Balancing the contours is key in achieving a natural result. I am however wondering if you need an abdominoplasty or whether liposuction alone will suffice. Only a physical examination to assess the tightness of your skin can help to make that decision. Find a board certified plastic surgeon and take the time to educate yourself. Seek several opinions and take the time to by physically optimal (healthy, non smoker and at a good weight) before you have your procedure.

Do Tummy Tucks look fake?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Based on your photos, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction to mold your body figure and make it a natural look. 

Best of luck

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Best of luck

Does a tummy tuck look fake.

One of the keys to a natural tummy tuck is the umbilicus, and if the shape is natural and healed well few will be able to tell. Your photos show little skin excess and the first step is to determine if a tummy tuck is right for you.

Does a tummy tuck look fake.

Natural

It seems like there are 2 separate questions. The 1st is  can an abdominoplasty look natural and the answer is yes. The scar can be hidden and the shape of the abdomen can look great. The 2nd question is do you need an abdominoplasty. From the looks of your pictures you may be able to get away with less invasive procedures that can help to tighten the skin and reduce the fat. I would suggest saying a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who has the ability to do any of these options. Best of Luck!

Natural

Natural looking abdominoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Natural looking abdominoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Does a tummy tuck look fake... will everyone be able to tell?

I think that you would have to agree that most tummy tucks look quite natural when comparing before and after photos. The scar is placed so that you can still wear a two piece swimsuit.  Obviously, you will also look better in regular clothing. Good luck!

Normally they would look natural

tummy tucks do not look fake but one would expect a significant reduction in the amount of excess tissue. the end result depends on how much will be removed and the original problem. you would expect a scar low in the abdomen that is usually hidden. you also will expect a scar around the belly button.

Ali Soueid, FRCS ( Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Normally they would look natural

Ali Soueid, FRCS ( Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Will tummy tuck look "fake"

tummy tuck surgery will require creation of a scar, which is usually placed well beneath the bikini line and out of public view. It may also require a circular incision around the navel but when this is executed properly, it usually yields an inconspicuous scar. Furthermore you can expect a flatter abdomen and reduction of some of the undesired fatty tissue around the flanks. It will tighten up your skin as well. Many women are able to wear a two-piece bathing suit without "giving away" the fact that they have had a tummy tuck. My best advice is for you to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who can't demonstrate a considerable amount of experience with this type of operation. Good luck with your new figure. I hope this helps.

Will tummy tuck look "fake"

Hello and thank you for your question and images. Well that all depends on what the patient is looking for, if they want the tiny, small, tight abdomen or a small natural  liposculpture look. You also have to have in mind the small scar that will be below the bikini line. I recommend you to seek for a board certified plastic surgeon.

Hope this can be of help and good luck!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Hope this can be of help and good luck!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Does a tummy tuck look fake?

Hello there, Excellent question.

Thank You for the photos and the information provided.

This is a very good question, it is a concern of many patients, but no, the ideal is to be the most natural as possible. In your case specifically, you do not have many flaccidity of skin, but as i can see you do have intra abdominal flaccidity that can be corrected with a tummy tuck. A physical evaluation would be important to make the best decision whether it is a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck best for you.

Best Wishes

Manelic Mejia Lopez, MD

Does a tummy tuck look fake?

Hello there, Excellent question.

Best Wishes

Manelic Mejia Lopez, MD