16 year old female with sagging skin under eyebrows. What can I do for my hooded eyes? (photos)

I'm 16 years old and two years ago i went to get my eyebrows waxed and did it four times since then. I've recently noticed that the skin is so saggy that I can't even wear winged eyeliner. I searched on the internet and came to the conclusion that i have hooded eyes, but with me even that's not the case because my lid is still quite big so tutorials for hooded eyes didn't help me. It's been making me really depressed lately so I figured I'd ask for help here.

Doctor Answers 3

Concerns about what you see

16 y/o's usually do not have such concerns and I would want to know the background behind where you came to this conclusion.  As a minor, no ethical surgeon would attempt anything at this time.  As an adult, you can see surgeons about your concerns and if problems are present, pursue procedures to help you achieve your goals. 

Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

I would agree with Dr. Seckel.

The only exceptions I make for teenagers are trauma, tumors, congenital issues, and cosmetic concerns in working models and actresses who are currently making a living with the face.  You will probably benefit from a very refined upper blepharoplasty at some point.  On the other hand, if this is not done well, you can be crippled emotionally by a bad result.  For this reason, it is reasonable to allow the face to fully develop before having eyelid surgery.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Excess skin under eyebrows an 16-year-old

Based on your photograph the excess skin covering the fold above your eyelashes appears to be excess eyelid skin.  Next

In my opinion 16 years old is too young to have surgical correction of this problem.

After your facial growth is complete, certainly after 18 years of age if you continue to see loose fold of skin on your upper eyelids then consult a plastic surgeon for the possibility of an upper blepharoplasty.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.