Unhappy with loose skin after upper and lower abdomen lipo, 3 months post op. (photos)

Ps said I should work out to improve results. I got liposuction on upper and lower abdomen on May 2nd of this year I'm 26 no kids and was told I had good elastic skin and would not have a problem with loose skin , it's been 3 months and I still have loose skin I've read by the third month you should start to see your final result , They even recommended venus freeze treatments Should I just be patient as this will tighten over time? I just feel a little discouraged I was looking forward to a nice flat tummy its just not what I expected .

Loose skin after liposuction

Photographs alone are inadequate to accurately evaluate your condition. It is still too early in the postoperative course to judge your results. You should expect to see ongoing improvement for at least another 3 months. Based on the information you've provided, i.e. your age, no children, and good elastic skin, liposuction would be the recommended procedure. The treatment at this time is therefore expectant observation. Good luck and I hope you are able to enjoy your changes.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy wth loose skin after upper and lower abdomen lipo 3 months ago

Thank you for your question and photos. Preop photos would've been helpful to assess your results. From these limited views, it is hard to assess skin looseness, but besides some residual swelling, you still have significant fat over the abdomen. Might take another 2-3 months to reach your final result. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck with your healing.

Lipo results

Hello,  thank you for your question and photo.   You need to wait a few more months to have the final result.   A good diet and exercise will benefit the final outcome.   Have a great day. My best wishes.                DR. DERBY. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Unhappy with loose skin after upper and lower abdomen lipo, 3 months post op.

Thank you for the question.Without examining you, it's difficult to determine the cause of the fullness, or excess skin, that you may be noticing. What I can say, is that it takes 6-9 months to see the final result after a liposuction procedure. So, you're still early in the process.Never hesitate to express your concerns to your plastic surgeon. They are most familiar with your preoperative examination, the details of your surgery, and how you are healing. They will be your best resource for guidance.

Unhappy with loose skin in abdomen after lipo

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what is the cause of your current appearance - residual swelling from surgery, internal/visceral adiposity, muscle laxity, or remaining fat.  Talk to your surgeon and voice your concerns about your results, they are in the best position to help advise you. If you have lost confidence in them, seek a second opinion.  Best wishes.