How long should you stop drinking alcohol prior to TT and BBL?

How long should you stop drinking prior to TT and BBL .. Surgery I am a social drinker . I don't drink everyday but I do have a cocktail often. Our family reunion is planned the weekend prior to my tentative surgery date. I know I will be celebrating and enjoying cocktails , will that effect my surgery if I am schedule 2 days later following the reunion. I would hate to reschedule .

Thank you for sharing your question.  Because of alcohol's ability to thin your blood it would be best to stop drinking at least a week prior to your procedure.  Hope that this helps.

Alcohol before surgery

I usually tell my patients that they can drink a glass of wine or a beer up to the night before surgery but for two weeks before you don't want to get drunk! Alcohol dehydrates you ( not good for surgery) and the effects on your brain will be complemented by the pain medications and anesthesia  ( not good either).

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. I recommend that my patients stop drinking alcohol two weeks prior to surgery as it is a blood thinner.  Please discuss with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own specific pre op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Alcohol and surgery

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to stop drinking alcohol for at least one month before the procedure and to avoid it at least 2 months after the procedure.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

How long does alcohol thin your blood for?

Well, the fact is that alcohol does thin your blood and make you more prone to bleed during surgery.   However, the effects only last as long as the alcohol is in your blood.  This can be between 6 and 48 hours depending on your body size, metabolism and how much you drink.   I always recommend stopping alcohol at least 48 hours prior to surgery to be safe.  

Diet sheet for surgery and BBL value

Dear madam,                                                                                           Allow me to discuss 2 issues. In regard to alcohol drinking, my pre operative instructions call for avoidance of alcohol for 2 week before surgery because it is a blood thinner and can cause excessive bleeding.                                                                                                   As far as BBL , it is a waste of your time and money, because the fat disappears completely or almost completely after few months or even sooner. I have seen it on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants surgery after their big disappointment from the fat injection procedure that was done by other surgeons.                                                                            Think about it, if fat injection was consistent and reliable, most women would have preferred it for breasts augmentation over breasts implants. The reality is that breasts augmentation with implants is the number 1 cosmetic surgery in the US. Fat injection to the butt does not work !!  Your only good option is butt implants which, when done by experts, are very attractive , very natural and do not disappear...                                                                                                 Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and pictures in the photo gallery , to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and good experience reports.                        Best of luck,                                        Dr Widder            

Pre operative instuctions

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to address any questions or concerns you may have prior to, or after your procedure with your operating physician as every undergone has their own unique set of instructions for their patients.  However, in our practice we do strongly recommend that patients stop drinking and smoking a minimum of 2 weeks prior to surgery.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Drinking prior to surgery

Thanks for your question. It is best to stop drinking alcohol 1-2 weeks prior to surgery. Please check with your surgeon for their specific preoperative instructions. All the best,Dr. Henry Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Dr Derby

I would recommend you to stop drinking alcohol at least 10 days before your procedure. Also verify with your surgeon what he feels appropriate in your case. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD