Kybella with Ultherapy?

I've read that having Kybella done in conjunction with Ultherapy helps improve the final results. How soon after the Kybella procedure can Ultherapy be performed? I had my first round of Kybella one week ago. My doctor said that I may only need 1 treatment.

Kybella & Ultherapy

Great question. The two treatments work really well together and can actually be performed at the same time. However, since you've already had your Kybella, I would recommend waiting a month to 6 weeks for the swelling to fully subside before scheduling your Ultherapy. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella with Ultherapy works great!

Thank you for your excellent question! Kybella and Ultherapy can absolutely be performed together to provide synergistic results. Often times, patients that are unhappy with their chin and neck area have two problems - excess fat and loose skin. Kybella can address the excess fat while the Ultherapy treats loose skin. Treatments can be performed in the same day, with Ultherapy being done first and Kybella second.
I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella with Ultherapy

Kybella can be performed at the same time as Ultherapy. There is no specific time frame after Kybella that you are considered an ideal candidate for Ulthera. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella with Ultherapy?

Yes Kybella® and Ultherapy® can work synergistically in any given area to dissolve fat, and then lift residual sagging soft tissue. Ideally, I recommend doing Kybella® treatment 1st, followed by Ulthera® treatment afterward. Waiting at least 1 month between treatments for Kybella® associated swelling to resolve can also optimize results. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella And Ultherapy

My suggestion would be do to these procedures together.  You can do ultherapy followed by kybella on the same day.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella with Ultherapy?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  These two procedures can be performed but best to allow your neck tissues to return to normal between treatments so that you can maximize the effect of each modality.  As Kybella can show continued improvement in results for up to 6 weeks after the procedure I would wait at least this long before pursuing Ultherapy.  Hope this helps. 

Kybella and Skin Tightening Procedures such as Thermage and Ulthera

I definitely combine Kybella and Thermage to have the best skin tightening results  but it is best to have Thermage first or after all of the Kybella treatments are completed.  It typically takes 2 to 4 treatments of Kybella to have the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Combination treatments with Kybella

For most patients, I find that 2 or 3 treatments with Kybella are necessary to get optimal results.  I personally believe that 2 or 3 Kybella treatments are more effective than combining 1 Kybella and 1 Ultherapy treatment.  In general, though, Kybella can be combined with other treatments such as Ultherapy or CoolSculpting with excellent results.  I'd recommend waiting at least 2 months after your last Kybella injection before pursuing other treatment modalities.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella with Ultherapy?

Thank you for your question. I completely agree with Dr. Chesnut. The treatments can be combined, but the swelling can interfere, so it is best to wait until that improves before doing Ultherapy. I would say that sometimes that swelling can take a full 6-8 weeks to resolve and I would wait until then.Hope this helps!

Kybella and Ultherapy

The swelling that Kybella causes can interfere with Ultherapy, so it is best to let that swelling subside before proceeding. If Ultherapy is performed first, Kybella can be performed immediately after.  To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties. Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon