I need rhinoplasty. How would it look after surgery?

As my nose has a hump once removed would my nose look longer as my nose is quite slim Because I want a nose that fits my face without playing with the tip to much because it looks piggish. Need answers pleaseee

Rhinoplasty Surgery for a Dorsal Hump

Reducing the dorsal hump tends to make the nose look smaller when viewing from the side.  From a frontal view, it is often more difficult to see the reduction in the nasal hump.  Some patients opt for surgery on the dorsum only, while others prefer the tip and dorsum.  In your question you ask about nasal length specifically.  It is true that in some cases reducing a hump can make the nose appear longer.  In this case, the excessively long appearing nose can be countered by rotating the tip upwards slightly.  On the other hand, you have indicated you don’t want too much work on the tip.  This case, as so many others in facial plastic surgery, involves certain trade-offs.  The only way to make an informed decision is to discuss this with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  I suggest meeting with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to determine which options would best meet your needs.  I hope this helps!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the question.There are many surgeons who can show you photo animation on your pictures like this to able to discuss with you what are the possible shape changes for you.

In any case I do this for all my patients.
I wish you all the best

Reduction of the hump alone may be all that is necessary, but it is difficult to make a determination from one picture.

Hi there and thanks for your question,

It is difficult to assess your nose from the picture you have provided.

Most practices, that are involved in rhinoplasty surgery use photo simulation software to give you an idea of what your nose will look like after surgery.

We use a Vectra in our practice for all rhinoplasty cases.

I hope that is helpful

Rhinoplasty Needed

More photos and an exam are needed to confirm your wishes.  Based on the photo that you have shared, you are a candidate for a conservative Rhinoplasty, with little to no tip work.  Your nose does appear long on your face.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is highly trained in Rhinoplasty for your best result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD