Is my bottom lip too big? And does it stick out too much? (photo)

I think my bottom lip is much larger than my bottom lip and it makes me self-conscious. And I think it sticks out too much. Is this normal?

Lip proportions

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos.There is a wide range of normal, and in my opinion you are well within that range. If your look is bothersome to you, I'd suggest starting with a less aggressive solution: adding a small amount of filler to your upper lip to change the proportion. The results will last 6-12 months. If you don't like your result, you can consider a lower lip reduction in the future. Make sure you see an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Big Bottom Lip

Hi Silent Screams,While what looks big on you may not necessarily mean big for other people (everyone have their ideal look), the basic factor is, if it concerns or bothers you, a lower lip reduction can always be done.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement : Too Big might Mean Too Much!

Naturally, lip enhancement can be as personal as most other aesthetic treatments.  However, there are some guidelines that an experienced provider would follow to give you the best look.   In my opinion, if your smile and mouth movements are not natural , then perhaps you might consider less filler next time.The bottom lip should in general be ~ 1/3 larger than the top , in order to avoid a duck-like appearance.A central poutiness with a gradual fill is more natural than a "tube-like" fill , but many providers and patients seem to like this look ( as seen in the media).Love your lips and smile after a lip enhancement treatment--otherwise, return for a correction! The results will last 6-9 months.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Is my bottom lip too big? And does it stick out too much?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  There is a very wide range of "normal" when it comes to the shape and size of a person's lips are yours are definitely within that range.  If your lip appearance troubles you seek an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your exact concerns and treatment options.  Best wishes.