How Would I Rid of the Indentation on my Hips? (photo)

I have done some research and a lot say that the indentation is from wearing too tight of underwear/pant. I dont really think I have been but either way I would love to get rid of it. Are there any solutions to fix this, so I can have my hour glass shape back? Im going on vacation in two weeks and would love to feel comfortable in a bikini again. Please help! I know there are hips, iv always had wide hips, but I wish there was a fuller connection between my hips and thighs.

Doctor Answers 3

Improving the Hips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From your photos, it is difficult to appreciate the exact issue you have. It is possible that you dont have a depression, but a bulge above and below this indention. You would be better served with liposuction of the waist to help redefine this area and then that will make the area you are concerned with less "depressed." This anatomic area is traditionally very adherent and adding volume will make you too full in this area.

Best of luck,

Vincent Marin, MD

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 52 reviews

Fat Transfer and Non-Invasive Lasers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Here are your options:

You can do-

  • fat transfer, which is to move one area of fat into another
  • non-invasive techniques to remodel the area like Smoothshapes or Exilis
  • Liposuction to make your waist smaller, more hourglass

I hope this helps,


Dr. Frodel


John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting dents

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Correcting dents can be corrected with fat transfer with or without liposuction to even things out and give you the shape you want. You have a lot of fat above the dent and below the dent , so to correct depend on the final shape of the hips and flanks that you want.

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.